I’m making this a rebloggable post instead of answering the Qs because I want other people to be able to add their answers as well.
I will start off by saying that it is important to differentiate between “Team StarKid” (the company), and the individual members of the company (often referred to as “the starkids”). Team StarKid has officially done all the shows you listed (HMB, Starship, the Harry Potter musicals, MAMD, LWL). They also did a sketch comedy show called “Airport For Birds”, which is not viewable online (although you can see some clips on their official YouTube channel) but may be on DVD in the future.
Additionally, Team StarKid has gone on two U.S. Tours: Space Tour (2011) and Apocalyptour (2012). They took the songs from their shows and gave them new arrangements. It’s pretty awesome! You can buy the music from these tours (and trust me, the audio is great) on iTunes. You can also buy DVDs/digital downloads of both of these tours — and the Space Tour DVD has a lot of extra behind-the-scenes stuff which is really cool!
So now we move onto the individual members of Team Starkid. A lot of the members have side projects outside of their company involvement, and since they are friends a lot of time more than one member of StarKid will work on the same side project (like Chris Allen made his short film OMG with many of the StarKids, but it wasn’t an officially starkid production). So here are some things that may be of interest to you!
- Jim and the Povolos is a band (named after StarKid member Jim Povolo, though he is not in the band) that includes StarKid members Meredith Stepien, Nick Gage, Jeff Blim, and Clark Baxtresser (and StarKid Brian Holden and Denise Donovan joined them as dancers on their recent min-tour) You can check out both of their albums on iTunes and amazon, I believe :)
- World’s Worst Musical is a web series that was written and produced by the Scanlon siblings and StarKid member Corey Lubowich. Because they are friends of the StarKids, many members of Team StarKid appeared in different episodes (including Jaime Lyn Beatty, Jeff Blim, Brian Holden, Lauren Lopez, Joe Walker, Dylan Saunders, and more!)
- JMOMS (“Joe Moses One Man Showses”) is a sketch comedy show put on StarKid member Joe Moses. If you’re lucky, you may even be able to catch a JMOMS show live! In the meantime, he puts sketches up on his YouTube account fairly regularly. You can also buy the JMOMS DVD, which features other StarKid members such as Brant Cox, Devin Lytle, Brian Rosenthal, Joey Richter and Tyler Brunsman.
- Judas Redux is NOT an official Team StarKid show, but it is a show several members of Team StarKid are currently involved in, and they do a lot of live streams and google hangouts in association with that production.
- Books! Three members of StarKid have released books: Julia Albain released a non-fiction book (“A Glamorously Unglamorous Life”), Eric Kahn Gale released a fiction book (“The Bully Book”), and Lauren Lopez released a cook book of gluton free treats! (“These treats don’t suck!”) Additionally, Nick and Matt Lang are coming out with a graphic novel later this summer (“Quicksand Jack”)
- Music! Jaime Lyn Beatty and Dylan Saunders both have EPs coming out sometime within the next few months. I think you can maybe hear clips of Jaime’s music on Youtube. Worth checking out if you’re a fan of their voices! (Brian Holden also has a music channel with two silly songs he and Meredith Stepien put together)
If anybody else has suggestions to add, they will hopefully reblog this and let you know! That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. Our ask box is always open, dear anon, so let us know if you have any more questions :)
I think you forgot the Potions’ Master Corner, in which Joe Moses - in his role as Severus Snape - interviewed the members of Starkid during the running of AVPS. It’s hilarious!
The cast of Twisted!
“Oliver Wood once lost a quaffle in there. He went back in to get it… AND HE NEVER CAME OOOOUUUUT!”
By popular request: Starkid meets ATLA
Confessed by: Anonymous
Talk about throwback thursday!! These are some of the pictures I took for Me and My Dick back when it was a Basement Arts production at U of M. I had a hard time on this shoot (pun not intended), mainly because this show was so damn funny I kept laughing and kept taking blurry pictures.